How can I go back to 'SETTINGS' on the Targetphone?

Avia

Hi...after my unsuccesful try with the 5800 I bought now the Nokia 5530 XpressMusic to install the ProX on it.

This time the download went well,no problems.

I was so exited, that it finally worked, that I forgot to restart the phone and just continued :huh:

I entered the flexikey and started with the settings. Then I realised, that I forgot to restart the phone and did that.

I entered '*#900900900# and the phone says :'Request not completed', I tryed the flexikey instead of '900900900' and it say the same...

I didn't complete the settings, did not even set the monitor number...

What can I do now, how do I get back to the settings? :(

Hi...after my unsuccesful try with the 5800 I bought now the Nokia 5530 XpressMusic to install the ProX on it.

This time the download went well,no problems.

I was so exited, that it finally worked, that I forgot to restart the phone and just continued :huh:

I entered the flexikey and started with the settings. Then I realised, that I forgot to restart the phone and did that.

I entered '*#900900900# and the phone says :'Request not completed', I tryed the flexikey instead of '900900900' and it say the same...

I didn't complete the settings, did not even set the monitor number...

What can I do now, how do I get back to the settings? :(

Well, that's another touch screen device. The think is that you can not press a bit longer on the last symbol "#" when you are trying to access GUI (graphical user interface - secret control panel) because a touch screen by construction doesn't permit that.

The only thing you can do is to download again ProX, by using same code. Somewhere on the installation process will pop up a dialog box saying that ProX is already installed on your phone. You will be asked if you want to replace it. Just press "Yes" and GUI will pop up. This is the way you can call GUI on a touch screen device.

Please note that on some phones the GUI will disappear in a matter of seconds (3-5 sec.) if you are not pressing any key (not sure, but I think this is a security thing if you forget to press "hide" button when you are accessing GUI. Also, can be from phone settings). So, to keep GUI on the screen, just keep press some keys like phone navigation button.

Cheers,

Tudor.

Hi Tudor,

thank you so much for your advice, I will try that.

Does that mean, that I can't restart the phone after the download and go via *#900900900# to the settings,

like it is explained in the install manual???

do I just skip the restart and continue?

will it still work?

Sorry for all this questions, as you can see,

I'm not really an expert... :(

I also submitted a ticket with the support team, but they adviced to enter *#900900900# or *#flexikey#

- if that doesn't work to re-install.

But as i explained before, I tried that allready and it doesn't work - the phone just showed 'Request not completed'

Many Thanks

Avia

Well, that's another touch screen device. The think is that you can not press a bit longer on the last symbol "#" when you are trying to access GUI (graphical user interface - secret control panel) because a touch screen by construction doesn't permit that.

The only thing you can do is to download again ProX, by using same code. Somewhere on the installation process will pop up a dialog box saying that ProX is already installed on your phone. You will be asked if you want to replace it. Just press "Yes" and GUI will pop up. This is the way you can call GUI on a touch screen device.

Please note that on some phones the GUI will disappear in a matter of seconds (3-5 sec.) if you are not pressing any key (not sure, but I think this is a security thing if you forget to press "hide" button when you are accessing GUI. Also, can be from phone settings). So, to keep GUI on the screen, just keep press some keys like phone navigation button.

Cheers,

Tudor.

Hi Tudor,

thank you so much for your advice, I will try that.

Does that mean, that I can't restart the phone after the download and go via *#900900900# to the settings,

like it is explained in the install manual???

do I just skip the restart and continue?

will it still work?

Sorry for all this questions, as you can see,

I'm not really an expert... :(

I also submitted a ticket with the support team, but they adviced to enter *#900900900# or *#flexikey#

- if that doesn't work to re-install.

But as i explained before, I tried that allready and it doesn't work - the phone just showed 'Request not completed'

Many Thanks

Avia

Avia,

Normally you should not really have to hold down the last '#' at all, that is just advice in case you are having any troubles getting the screen to open after entering the full code normally. If you do have a problem getting it to open with *#900900900# or *#flexikey#, then try entering the full code normally but then hit the DIAL/GREEN key immediately followed by the END CALL/Red key. You may want to reboot the phone and then try this method.

If you still have issues after this, please submit a support ticket through our support center at http://support.flexispy.com so we can fully investigate the issue and help further.

On Symbian devices, when I'm installing ProX, usually I do not restart the phone. Installation process is working without restarting the phone before activation. Once you activate ProX and finish all settings, you can restart the phone. This is for version 3.0 and above.

Just follow on screen indications and dialog boxes: press every time on "yes", "ok" or "continue" button. You will end up on settings screen.

Am I right, Christian?

Cheers,

Tudor.

PS: thanks for the installation tip, Christian. Never tried that on a touch screen. I did try it on my old Nokia E51 just few minutes ago - not working. Is that working only for touch screen devices?

On Symbian devices, when I'm installing ProX, usually I do not restart the phone. Installation process is working without restarting the phone before activation. Once you activate ProX and finish all settings, you can restart the phone. This is for version 3.0 and above.

Just follow on screen indications and dialog boxes: press every time on "yes", "ok" or "continue" button. You will end up on settings screen.

Am I right, Christian?

Cheers,

Tudor.

PS: thanks for the installation tip, Christian. Never tried that on a touch screen. I did try it on my old Nokia E51 just few minutes ago - not working. Is that working only for touch screen devices?

Tudor, you bring up a good point. I haven't installed on a Symbian touch screen model for a while, so I will take a look at one to check this out. In general, some phones may require a reboot during installation, depending on the state of the OS, existing permission, first install vs. reinstall, OS version and/or FlexiSPY version. So there could be a different case for different situations. However, if you are not forced to reboot then it should not be a problem, and yes you should always end up on the settings screen eventually. However if you are not forced to reboot then I would do a clean reboot anyway, after everything has been set up.

Hello everybody! :rolleyes:

It is finally working! After downloading&installing I went direct to the settings and did not restart the phone...

and it works! The only problem is, that for some reason the informations to the web-account only got send, when the phone is in the area where our WLAN is available. I used the WLAN for installing the program and my own SIM-Card was in the phone.

Now the SIM-Card was changed.

But so far every information was forwarded to the monitor phone.

So for now I am happy and just wanted to thank everybody for their help,

especially Tudor!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Avia

Hello everybody! :rolleyes:

It is finally working! After downloading&installing I went direct to the settings and did not restart the phone...

and it works! The only problem is, that for some reason the informations to the web-account only got send, when the phone is in the area where our WLAN is available. I used the WLAN for installing the program and my own SIM-Card was in the phone.

Now the SIM-Card was changed.

But so far every information was forwarded to the monitor phone.

So for now I am happy and just wanted to thank everybody for their help,

especially Tudor!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Avia

Avia,

Because that's a new phone, the only APN (Internet Access Point Name) defined on phone APN list is that WLAN from your place, because ProX downloading and activation was trough that APN. And that's why all captured data are transmitted only when the target phone is on defined WLAN range. If no other APN are defined, then captured data will be sent like this. The good: no costs are generated. The bad: you can not get data in real time or at least close to real time. Please note that if you did activate GPS data capture like every five or ten minutes, then is pretty possible that Symbian OS will shot down running applications (including ProX) due to lack of internal memory.

You should activate Internet connection on that sim-card. I don't know how can you do it in your country, but I think a simple call to costumer service and asking for Internet connection is just fine. In my country all you have to do (in case its not activated by default) is calling costumer service, and in short time you will receive one to three (depending on carrier) sms, containing APN names. If you save that sms like implicit settings, all its done.

If you can not do that, you have a second way, in case your own sim-card is issued by the same carrier like the one used on the target phone: you can activate Internet on your sim-card, and then when on the right time (you know what I mean) just insert your sim card on the target phone, for about few minutes. Try to access any web page on Internet. If that's working, then you're done. To make sure, go to Menu > Settings > Connections > Access Point Name and check up if there are more then one APN's. If so, that's fine.

Please note that you need to ask your carrier for http Internet connection, not WAP or MMS, otherwise is not working.

Third way: call your carrier and ask for Internet connection manual settings. Its not so difficult, you have to type manually APN and other things (depending on carrier).

I always advice users, before handing over the target phone - but post ProX installation - to make sure that on target phone APN list are listed all major carriers APN's from their country. This can be done manually (as I explained before) or really quickly, by swapping different sim-cards (from major carriers) on target phone. Doing like this, on target phone will be a complete APN list, from all carriers. So, no matter what kind on sim-card will be placed on target phone, as long are defined all APN's.

You don't have to thanks me Avia. All I know is coming from FlexiSPY knowledge database, from their outstanding costumer service and just a bit from my own experience (I'm running a pretty similar forum, myself).

People like Christian, Ian, Architect, Sabrena (sorry if I forgot somebody) are here to help us. And they are doing this not only in a professional way, but friendly too. Behind them are some other great guys: coders, engineers, beta testers. Without them all, no secrets to reveal, no calls to listen, no truth to find, no peace of mind (and no money to make - but this is just for me, he he...)

By the way: I always wanted to know more about you FlexiPSY guys. Not only costumer support team, but coders, engineers, etc. I have loads of question to ask because I'm such a curious guy... What about sharing Facebook accounts? Do you think this is a good idea?

Cheers,

Tudor.

Hello,

Please try to use one of these methods when you try to access application menu on a touchscreen phone.

1- *#activationkey press green call button and wait 10 seconds. (Approved for 5800)

2- *#activationkey press green call button after 3 second press end button and wait 7 seconds

Best Regards...

M

You don't have to thanks me Avia. All I know is coming from FlexiSPY knowledge database, from their outstanding costumer service and just a bit from my own experience (I'm running a pretty similar forum, myself).

People like Christian, Ian, Architect, Sabrena (sorry if I forgot somebody) are here to help us. And they are doing this not only in a professional way, but friendly too. Behind them are some other great guys: coders, engineers, beta testers. Without them all, no secrets to reveal, no calls to listen, no truth to find, no peace of mind (and no money to make - but this is just for me, he he...)

By the way: I always wanted to know more about you FlexiPSY guys. Not only costumer support team, but coders, engineers, etc. I have loads of question to ask because I'm such a curious guy... What about sharing Facebook accounts? Do you think this is a good idea?

Cheers,

Tudor.

Tudor,

We really appreciate your comments, and all the help you offer here in the forums as well!

I'm not sure what coding questions we are able to answer (depending on potential trade issues), but I would surely try to provide you with as many answers as I could. PM me any time, and if I don't know the answers I'll research it for you.

At present we don't have a Facebook page, but this forum is just the beginning of a new direction in social networking for FlexiSPY. Soon we'll add blogs with reviews, insights to support and development, and interesting articles on other things. Ill let you know as soon as we do get a FB page. We did recently start a twitter account and you can follow us from http://twitter.com/flexispymobile

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ian

Calling Secret Control Panel on Nokia N97 and N97 mini:

*#activationkey > green call button > wait 10 seconds. Tested by me.

Thanks for this Tudor. I agree that a Facebook group would be useful.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Nathanael