installing on new phone that has service

philosopher

Correction: I meant the title to read "installing on a new phone that has no service"

I am planning to install your product on a brand new Android phone.  I will root the phone first.  However, the phone has no SIM card and no active cell service because it's a brand new phone.  I will use WiFi instead.  Will this work? 

Hello Philospher.

Thanks for contacting us.  Whilst you can install the software having just wifi you cannot activate it (meaning it will not be able to start working) as the activation process requires that the TARGET devices has a working network connection from a network provider.  This means that it is recommended that you get service put on to the phone first and then install the software after you have successfully rooted the device.

I wish there was a way around this.  I planned to buy a new, unactivated phone, install the software, then give to the person and let him activate it himself.  I won't have physical access to the phone after I give it to the person

Unfortunately there is no way around this.  The only thing you could do, if possible, is install the software on to the device using wifi, give it to the person, they activate service on the device and you then get the device back (which now has service) to activate the software and get it running.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    polinkuer12