Re-Installing FACE software

I had to take my target phone ( Motorola Droid ver. 2.0.1 ) into my service provider for a problem with the phone of their creation. Before going in, I un-installed the FACE software. After their fix was finished I reinstalled the FACE software as per the instruction manual. All went well through step "7". At step #8, I kept getting the message that this will replace the current application and that settings will be saved. This was as far as I could get. I tried many times only getting to step #8. I sent an SMS message to the target phone. The reply message stated that the application was not activated.

At this time I went back to the target phone and accessed the Task Manager by holding the Home key. I then selected the MBackup icon which took me to step #9. I did not have to enter the *#900900900. All I had to do was enter my FlexiKEY # and press activate. From this point on, all went as is written within the manual.

Since the re-installation, all has worked well.

Hope this helps anyone with a similar situation.

Thanks,

WB

That's interesting. It sounds like the program was still installed, and already running. That would explain why you didn't have to enter *#900900900 to access it. Its odd because you said you had uninstalled and reinstalled, but the fact that it was already running is the only thing to explain how it could be in the Task Manager. The Task Manager only shows currently running apps. I believe what you say, but its a very curious description and I don't think its possible to determine exactly what happened. It would be interesting to know if you could reproduce this same issue though, along with the exact steps to make it happen.

Hi Christian,

On page 17, #25 of the FACE manual, the steps for uninstalling are shown. This is what I did before I took the phone in to the provider. After I did this, MBackup was no longer shown in the applications manager. I can try to duplicate the event if you would like.

Regards,

WB

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    greenlyon369