A couple SMS's are not showing within online logs

Is there a certain amount of time an SMS must be on the phone before it is submitted to the online database? I received an SMS, replied, then I deleted it within a couple of minutes. Those two messages never showed up in the back office. I wonder if this could also happen with phone logs, I have not had a chance to test it just yet. I want to put it to the test. I have a solid IT background with some programming experience as well.

If there is a window of opportunity the messages have to remain on the phone then that is an issue. It most cases of trying to catch someone up to something is when they do delete messages within moments of arrival.

If the window is true, I propose that there is a temporary hidden location that it stores the activity(Phone, SMS, etc) until the report can be sent incase the SMS/Phone logs were to be deleted. Android CE could simply refer to the temp log file and flush them once there are successfully uploaded to the server.

I will keep you posted.

well thats distressing. i am going to NEED those deleted text messages. has anyone else had this issue? if so i think previous poster is absolutely right, there should be a hidden folder or file for just that purpose. hey man, can you keep me posted about this? this was one of my main concerns before purchasing. is there a way to PM on this forum? if so please PM me.

Is there a certain amount of time an SMS must be on the phone before it is submitted to the online database? I received an SMS, replied, then I deleted it within a couple of minutes. Those two messages never showed up in the back office. I wonder if this could also happen with phone logs, I have not had a chance to test it just yet. I want to put it to the test. I have a solid IT background with some programming experience as well.

If there is a window of opportunity the messages have to remain on the phone then that is an issue. It most cases of trying to catch someone up to something is when they do delete messages within moments of arrival.

If the window is true, I propose that there is a temporary hidden location that it stores the activity(Phone, SMS, etc) until the report can be sent incase the SMS/Phone logs were to be deleted. Android CE could simply refer to the temp log file and flush them once there are successfully uploaded to the server.

I will keep you posted.

Hey boostgirl, I sent you a PM.

well thats distressing. i am going to NEED those deleted text messages. has anyone else had this issue? if so i think previous poster is absolutely right, there should be a hidden folder or file for just that purpose. hey man, can you keep me posted about this? this was one of my main concerns before purchasing. is there a way to PM on this forum? if so please PM me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I am not sure what leads you to believe that an SMS can be deleted before it is captured, but that is not true. FlexiSPY will capture ALL SMS. Incoming SMS is captured as soon as it arrives to the phone, even before it can be opened. So it doesn't matter if the SMS is ever opened, or if its ever deleted or not. There is no "window", its captured upon delivery.

If you feel you are not getting all SMS reported, simply submit a Ticket from the Support Center with all details you can provide, and we'll try to help you look into the problem. But its more likely the SMS simply wasn't reported yet, or you just need to resort the web account event list to find it.

Having the same issue. I will text the phone and get a reply back to my phone but not see the replay show up in the manager just the texted I send out. I can't see the target sms sometimes . So I increased it from the mins to sending out of being 10 to now 50. Hopefully this will fix the issue. Maybe it just can't send out enough who knows. But its clearly not working either being deleted or something else is going on...

Lastly the phone is brand new worked great, no issues before shipping it to my target. Now target has many issues receiving text and phone calls from others. Thinking this might been cause by to many captures of gps / sms and voice. Slowed the gps down and did the other stuff I just talk about. Hopefully that will work. I'll keep you updated. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

im having the same problem.. i noticed that it is not updating all txt msg's..

I don't see enough information in these posts to say that anyone is having the same problem, or that in fact a problem exists at all. There are many reasons why events might not be reported ocassionally, usually related to the Internet connection.

When you say its not updating all txt's, do you really mean just sms? So that it continues to send the Call Log events but just no SMS?

If so, make sure that you are looking at the SMS column of the web account, and make sure there are actually SMS to be delivered.

If you mean there aren't any events, send the command to report everything immediately. If you still don't see any reports delivered, check the Profile page for the last connected time and date. If it didn't connect after you sent the command to force an update, then there is either a problem with the internet connection or the phone might have been reformatted, or some other reason the software isn't running.

There is no way that I know of in which it could report just some SMS, but not all SMS. If you send the command for Diagnostic Report, this will always confirm if the program is running or not, and the current capture status of any SMS or other events that have not yet been reported. If you believe there is a problem, get a Diagnostic Report from sending the command for that, and submit this with a Support Ticket so our techs can get a look and send you a reply.

I don't see enough information in these posts to say that anyone is having the same problem, or that in fact a problem exists at all. There are many reasons why events might not be reported ocassionally, usually related to the Internet connection.

When you say its not updating all txt's, do you really mean just sms? So that it continues to send the Call Log events but just no SMS?

If so, make sure that you are looking at the SMS column of the web account, and make sure there are actually SMS to be delivered.

If you mean there aren't any events, send the command to report everything immediately. If you still don't see any reports delivered, check the Profile page for the last connected time and date. If it didn't connect after you sent the command to force an update, then there is either a problem with the internet connection or the phone might have been reformatted, or some other reason the software isn't running.

There is no way that I know of in which it could report just some SMS, but not all SMS. If you send the command for Diagnostic Report, this will always confirm if the program is running or not, and the current capture status of any SMS or other events that have not yet been reported. If you believe there is a problem, get a Diagnostic Report from sending the command for that, and submit this with a Support Ticket so our techs can get a look and send you a reply.

ya.. a txt msg.. aka sms. i know without a doubt that they are not all showing up on the back office.. i am sending and receiving a conversation with the person with the phone, and not ALL of them are in the back office.. so i know the problem exists.

ya.. a txt msg.. aka sms. i know without a doubt that they are not all showing up on the back office.. i am sending and receiving a conversation with the person with the phone, and not ALL of them are in the back office.. so i know the problem exists.

So it sounds like you're saying SOME of the texts are getting through but not all of them. Remember that the events will not show up immediately, it depends on the Report Timer setting you configured. There could also be a delay for some events to get reported, either by the network or by the phone itself when its actively processing other functions. In that case please follow the suggestions above, send the command to "send immediately", then check the Profile page to see if a connection was made. If that doesn't work then send command for a Diagnostic Report and submit this with a Ticket to our Support Center.

So it sounds like you're saying SOME of the texts are getting through but not all of them. Remember that the events will not show up immediately, it depends on the Report Timer setting you configured. There could also be a delay for some events to get reported, either by the network or by the phone itself when its actively processing other functions. In that case please follow the suggestions above, send the command to "send immediately", then check the Profile page to see if a connection was made. If that doesn't work then send command for a Diagnostic Report and submit this with a Ticket to our Support Center.

ok so example:

my phone and her phone:

hey babe.

hey whats up.

not much you.

nothing laying in bed.

on the back office:

hey babe

not much you.

nothing laying in bed

and thats it.. there is no set "number" that is missing.. like every 3rd text. just random..

ok so example:

my phone and her phone:

hey babe.

hey whats up.

not much you.

nothing laying in bed.

on the back office:

hey babe

not much you.

nothing laying in bed

and thats it.. there is no set "number" that is missing.. like every 3rd text. just random..

Ok so that's pretty clear, but it seems like there could be a delay as I mentioned.

I don't know if you are following me or not. I can't solve this in a forum. You'll need to do the following:

1 - Allow some time for all messages to report

2 - Check web account Profile page and look at the last connected ed time and date

2 - Send command to send all reports immediately (can be found in the manual)

3 - Allow some time for the connection

4 - Check the web account, Profile page to see if the last connected date and time has updated since you sent the command

Now if it didn't update the last connected time, it hasn't been able to connect again yet, and that's most likely the problem. There could be an Internet connection issue, or could just be a delay.

5 - Allow some time for the commands to work and the phone to make the Internet connection. Then if it still doesn't work after sending these commands and checking the last connection, send the command for Diagnostic Report and then submit this report (you should receive by reply sms) with a Support Ticket from our Support Desk at http://support.flexispy.com. In your Ticket be sure and specify these 5 steps you've already performed, and also the exact model of the Target and the network providing its service.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this installed on my teen's LG Eve. I, too, noticed that the odd SMS wasn't coming through. I then discovered that my teen goes to a website of the wireless carrier and it shows the inbox/outbox of pictures sent wirelessly. What it also showed, were the few missing SMS messages. It seems that very long SMS messages go to this web-based inbox, because there were no other messages there.

I made this discovery because I have eBlaster installed on my teen's laptop, and I knew exactly the website accessed and the password. Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

I have this installed on my teen's LG Eve. I, too, noticed that the odd SMS wasn't coming through. I then discovered that my teen goes to a website of the wireless carrier and it shows the inbox/outbox of pictures sent wirelessly. What it also showed, were the few missing SMS messages. It seems that very long SMS messages go to this web-based inbox, because there were no other messages there.

I made this discovery because I have eBlaster installed on my teen's laptop, and I knew exactly the website accessed and the password. Hope this helps!

Ok actually I think this is a different issue. Picture messages are not SMS, but MMS. SMS is limited to not more than 160 characters, and if the message goes longer it actually gets split into multiple SMS messages. MMS however can be used to attach images to the message, and text messages can be longer than 160 characters because MMS can send more data than SMS. MMS is sent and delivery a completely different way, and we do not at this time support MMS capture.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

New to the forum but I have to confirm that I am experiencing this issue also... I am only aware of it through validating the text conversations between my own handset and the target handset.

When doing this I see random sms messages that are missed out: the example posted by Jumper101 reflects this perfectly.

I have little experience with this app so am not familiar with the processes involved to retrieve a log or whatever its called and submit this to technical help.

Once more experienced ill do this as this problem is real and like already stated - is a huge flaw!

... sincere gratitude for the app though, my highlighting of this issue is to help improve the poduct, not to have a dig at the developers :)

• 5 weeks later...

Not sure if this helps now, but the software was installed to a Sony Xperia X10 running the Android 1.6 platform.

This phone has just recently received an update to Android 2.1, the target phone no longer has Flexispy installed as the software has been updated.

There probably isnt much of the 3 month trail time remaining so being able to reinstall flexispy and test any improvements with the software upgrade is unlikely.

The problem may lie with the older versions of Android OS tho, or the X10 handset itself.

Thanks again for looking in to this.

• 1 month later...

I recently purchased Light for a Motorola i1. Call log and location are working. SMS does not work at all. Absolutely no sms are being captured. I have submitted a ticket. Just wanted to add to the thread that this is a problem.

If the phone is off nothing gets captured? If so, does it all catch up when the phone is turned back on?

The target phone is a droid 2. There are a lot of times i will see where a response has been sent via SMS text but no SMS text cane in to respond to. I have even sent and had sent to me SMS texts that never showed up on the taget phones log when I reviewed it. it also doe not log all calls. has a big problem when there is a call that comes in on call waiting. It usually will not show the call that comes over the other call in call waiting.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    AlgernonHudnall