iPhone omni prox update

Miriam333

Anyone notice a differance in battery life ? And do you get the moment of dead air when using call intercept it makes user think the phone is cutting out. Also spy call works if user is on tango or FaceTime but it cuts the volume off for the user. Is there anyway to fix that?

Hi Miriam,

Actually I am surprised that SpyCall will work when the user is actively engaged in any function of the phone, because actually I don't think it should. The general philosophy is that we wouldn't want to interfere with anything the user is actively trying to use the phone for.

Now, there is also a reason why it would cut the the volume during that time. If you think about it, Face Time and Tango are other apps that are USING the mic. Well, if another program comes along and needs the mic, it won't be available to those other apps unless they have priority. Only one process can take control of the hardware at a time, and if we are using the mic to listen to the surrounding environment then obviously some other app will not have access to it.

If you know the user is actively using the phone for something else at the time of your SpyCall, it is better to just try again later than to do anything which may arouse suspicion. We also want to avoid the user believing there is anything wrong with the phone, which is generally the more likely thing the user will believe. But this can lead to other problems like changing the phone, reformatting, etc. So it is not only the software that needs to be discreet, but our use of the software to!

The "dead air" that happens during call intercept is so that the user doesn't hear the network-generated "call waiting" beeps. I'd much rather have that than how it worked before (way back in previous versions) when you could hear those beeps, which alerted the user. A moment of "dead air" is much more passable as it IS a wireless cell phone..."dead air" moments happen from time to time anyway.

Exactly. As you have said, the way we work with spycall for iPhone now is different to how it was with previous versions. We cut out the beeps as we thought people found that more noticeable and so we used the dead air technique instead to stop suspicion from arising from the beeps that occured because most people will notice a beep but not dead air as the phone can cut out anyway as it is.

We found that this was the best way to deal with the beeps and maintain full stealth when performing a spycall.

I have another issue on occasion the target phone will be notified on screan that there was a failed call from monitor phone but does not show on call log . I thought that the spy call was completely stealth. I also found if phone battery dies or phone is turned off and back on again it takes a wiel sometimes an hour for spy/monitor call to work again calls go directly through ... This wasn't the case previously on other versions. And why have you removed the sim change notification tween target phone is powered back up it was helpful in cases when phone died to alert you when it was on again instead of calling to check and with the problem of the software that takes time to reboot after power up it would be nice to know when it's working before attempting a spy call .....

And yes dead air is much better then the previose beep witch made caller look at screen but would be much better if it went away all togother

I've also noticed that occasionally a spycall will end up showing up in the call logs as well. It seems to happen more commonly when a spycall is cut off because the user starts using the phone. You can always tell when it has happened because the uploaded log to the account will show the actual call time instead of 00:00 as it usually does for spycalls.

I'm really disappointed right now that the speakerphone mode of spycalls doesn't work anymore. Spycalls on the iPhone 4 and 4S are useless with the current handset mode being used because of the noise cancellation function of those phones. You can barely hear anything but it was perfect when speakerphone was used on previous versions. I've resorted to blocking the upper microphone on the 4/4S to improve things a little (less noise cancellation) but obviously this isn't exactly a stealth solution.

It would also be great if the uploaded logs would show remaining battery level so that one could have an idea if making a spycall could deplete the phone battery and kill the phone.

As for noise cancelation it's not that bad if the phone isn't in a case or in your pocket ... What I've found works well is using a head set ( earphones or Bluetooth .. That way u are using the mic from the head set rather then the phones mic witch gives you much better sound

Miriam: Do you have an iPhone 4 or 4S? There's no noise cancellation on the 3GS or earlier phones, so it's not an issue. On the iPhone 4 and 4S, in handset (non-speakerphone) mode, Apple uses the microphone on the top of the phone as a secondary microphone. The sounds that microphone pick up are cancelled out of the audio received by the bottom microphone (which, in handset mode should be close to the user's mouth). It works great for standard phone calls in that it cancels out most of the surrounding noise. UNFORTUNATELY, for spycalls that are done using handset mode, it has the effect of (1) cancelling out MOST of the surrounding sound, and (2) making what it does pick up very directional--only sounds near the bottom of the phone are picked up.

Flexispy had this problem way back in their releases for iOS 4 when the iPhone 4 was first released. They fixed it eventually by using speakerphone mode for spycalls, which works FANTASTIC. When spycalls are answered in speakerphone mode (which uses ONLY the upper microphone and there is no noise cancellation) you can hear everything around the phone, even if it is in a pocket or purse or whatnot. However, something changed in their iOS 5 compatible release, and once again spycalls are answered in standard handset mode, and with the noise cancellation, spycalls are generally useless with the iPhone 4 and 4S unless the target is speaking within a foot or two of the bottom of the phone. It really doesn't work well at all. If you want to see the difference, just call an iPhone 4 or 4S normally (handset mode) and put the phone down. Then listen on your phone and start making noise...you can barely hear it (or you get choppy, cut-off noises). Then, put the iPhone 4 into speakerphone mode and do the same thing. It's a WORLD of difference.

I'm really hoping the team fixes this issue really soon like they did before. And as I said, if you're using an iPhone 3GS or earlier phone, it doesn't affect those. Only the later iPhone 4 and 4S (and it REALLY affects them in a major way -- I'd go as far as to say the spycall function is pretty useless on these phones without using speakerphone mode).

Hello Peter.

Thanks again for your valuable feedback. Please be assured that our development team is taking all this onboard as we are working to help improve and refine the spycall process for Omni on iPhone 4/4S.

Miriam: Do you have an iPhone 4 or 4S? There's no noise cancellation on the 3GS or earlier phones, so it's not an issue. On the iPhone 4 and 4S, in handset (non-speakerphone) mode, Apple uses the microphone on the top of the phone as a secondary microphone. The sounds that microphone pick up are cancelled out of the audio received by the bottom microphone (which, in handset mode should be close to the user's mouth). It works great for standard phone calls in that it cancels out most of the surrounding noise. UNFORTUNATELY, for spycalls that are done using handset mode, it has the effect of (1) cancelling out MOST of the surrounding sound, and (2) making what it does pick up very directional--only sounds near the bottom of the phone are picked up.

Flexispy had this problem way back in their releases for iOS 4 when the iPhone 4 was first released. They fixed it eventually by using speakerphone mode for spycalls, which works FANTASTIC. When spycalls are answered in speakerphone mode (which uses ONLY the upper microphone and there is no noise cancellation) you can hear everything around the phone, even if it is in a pocket or purse or whatnot. However, something changed in their iOS 5 compatible release, and once again spycalls are answered in standard handset mode, and with the noise cancellation, spycalls are generally useless with the iPhone 4 and 4S unless the target is speaking within a foot or two of the bottom of the phone. It really doesn't work well at all. If you want to see the difference, just call an iPhone 4 or 4S normally (handset mode) and put the phone down. Then listen on your phone and start making noise...you can barely hear it (or you get choppy, cut-off noises). Then, put the iPhone 4 into speakerphone mode and do the same thing. It's a WORLD of difference.

I'm really hoping the team fixes this issue really soon like they did before. And as I said, if you're using an iPhone 3GS or earlier phone, it doesn't affect those. Only the later iPhone 4 and 4S (and it REALLY affects them in a major way -- I'd go as far as to say the spycall function is pretty useless on these phones without using speakerphone mode).

Now im using the 4s .... But I've used 3G 3GS 4 and also android gsamsung galaxy witch by the way had the best sound using spycall crystal clear you can hear every little thing in the room ... I'm sure they will come up with a fix for the iPhone 4s soon enough ... For now what works for me is the head set it almost always hooked up to the phone .....

On another issue the user of the phone keeps turning off location servises on the 4s ... Anyway around that? Isn't there a way to get locatin using cell towers

Now im using the 4s .... But I've used 3G 3GS 4 and also android gsamsung galaxy witch by the way had the best sound using spycall crystal clear you can hear every little thing in the room ... I'm sure they will come up with a fix for the iPhone 4s soon enough ... For now what works for me is the head set it almost always hooked up to the phone .....

On another issue the user of the phone keeps turning off location servises on the 4s ... Anyway around that? Isn't there a way to get locatin using cell towers

Hi Miriam,

Actually we do receive location information from any source available. But on the iPhone, all location sources are together considered as "Location Services", so this is not only just a GPS service. That means if its turned off, its all turned off. FlexiSPY requests location information from the phone, but its the phone's job to use any method available to provide that location. This may include WiFi networks, Cell Tower ID's and/or GPS, but we can't control what the iPhone uses for that information. We do report in the detail of the location log as much information as we have about where the location is coming from.

Ok I need to know is anyone else having the same problem I am ...... Target phone shows called failed on screan from monitee number when opened .... Is there a way to fix this? It wasn't an issue before the new update my battery life is much much better then before but the failed call notification has coused the user to switch phones a few times if anyone else having my same problem?

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    AlgernonHudnall