Nokia 5800 Lighting Up

dave

On Spy Call (on Nokia 5800) the phone lights up and goes to home screen every time. I am on version 3.01 Pro. It also records call length.

I was told to update to version 3.03, has anyone done this with the nokia 5800 and it's stopped the phone lighting up on spycall / recording call lengths?

Thankyou,

Had the same problem with v3.01 on a Nokia E71. Determined that (1) if the "new SMS" icon was active on the home screen then on a spy call the backlight would illuminate for the period of the normal timeout. (2) if the "missed call" icon was active then there would be a fleeting illumination of the backlight. These problems appear to have been fixed in 3.04 although I'm not sure which release actually fixed the problem.

With all releases there is still a fleeting illumination of the backlight on the termination of a spy call.

With 3.04 (it may have been introduced on an earlier release) the backlight still lights up on (1) receipt of an SMS which will be "killed" by the SMS filter, can also see the unread SMS count increment by 1 then drop back. (2) when the target phone establishes (or attempts to establish) a session with the logging server.

On Spy Call (on Nokia 5800) the phone lights up and goes to home screen every time. I am on version 3.01 Pro. It also records call length.

I was told to update to version 3.03, has anyone done this with the nokia 5800 and it's stopped the phone lighting up on spycall / recording call lengths?

Thankyou,

Did you update to 3.04?

• 5 months later...

Hi I am suspecting that the target knows when "spy call" is active. Target is nokia E71. Has anyone else had this problem or am i being paranoid!? If this is a problem how long is the light on - for the whole duration of the spy call? or at activation? Can someone please advise urgently . thank you

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    royalmax