Mobistealth Help Needed

As part of competetive analysis, I decided to purchase a copy of Mobisteath ANDROID and install it. We noticed that soon after activation, they blocked our access. When asked why, we were told that they were looking at customer logs, and saw the CELL ID ( not GPS cos we never got that to work), and they say that it was near our offices. For that reason, they asked us to explain our relationship with FlexiSPY

I was gobsmacked for two reasons.

1. Why were they looking at customer logs for no reason.

2. Why were they so naive to put this in writing to us.

Im only describing my personal reaction and I making no points about the privacy of your data with a Pakistani company. This is for you to decide.

What we would like is someone help us get a copy of the software so we can review it for the community, in depth, so that you can have the facts to make up your mind which is the best android spyphone software for you. Would anyone like to post a review of their product here?

PS: We can promise you that all customer data on FlexiSPY servers is locked down, and no member of staff, including the MD, can ever have access to it without written permission. Support staff do have access, but they are required to get a written request and permission from the customer ( this is in the email or the live chat log) , and this then has to be recorded and signed off by the Support Manager.

The legal side of problem.

1.Obviously, what they are doing is quite stupid and above all, is against the law even in Pakistan. Personal data, communications and mail are protected by law in every country. If you have just one solid evidence, then they are done. Anyone can get a restriction order for that company, based on that evidence. Some local law enforcement agencies should be contacted.

2.They must keep their obligations, devolving from sale contract. So, they need to grant your access to web account. Otherwise, they are good to pay for any damages.

Now, from the user point of view.

I'm asking myself what is the reason for a staff member is looking on costumers logs. Well, there is only one explanation: they are afraid of something. We need to find out that "something". Can be something about source code?

One legitimate question: what if one ordinary user, located near your office is using their app.? That means nobody located on your office range can not use their app. because they are afraid of something?

Answering your questions:

1. Because they can.

2. I think they are not naive. There is a good chance someone from pakistani establishment (institution, administration, governmental structure or ISI - The Directorate for Inter-Services Intelligence, also Inter-Services Intelligence) to be involved in this business. There is a valuable HUMINT source, isn't it? This can explain as well why they are looking on users logs. So, they are not afraid.

PS: I am always suspicious about a company with no location, no postal address, no direct phone number but only email account. I'm wondering how refunds (or even if!) are working...

• 2 weeks later...

wow, mobistealth is in pakistan?????? well i was about to click on the purchase button a few minutes ago when i saw the new blackberry app they have. but then when i go to buy it, it doesn't have NEARLY the features they offer for the android. you can only choose from light and pro. not pro-x. flexi spy will you just add a recording featuring to your pro x PLEEEEASE i need to record certain phone numbers and be able to go listen later like mobi stealth but i would rather pay more for yours since its in the US and you guys offer more support.

wow, mobistealth is in pakistan?????? well i was about to click on the purchase button a few minutes ago when i saw the new blackberry app they have. but then when i go to buy it, it doesn't have NEARLY the features they offer for the android. you can only choose from light and pro. not pro-x. flexi spy will you just add a recording featuring to your pro x PLEEEEASE i need to record certain phone numbers and be able to go listen later like mobi stealth but i would rather pay more for yours since its in the US and you guys offer more support.

It is really obvious that Mobistealth is only trying to copy FlexiSPY, or worse imply that they are the same product, because they've stolen the FlexiSPY product titles of Light and Pro. When a company needs to hijack their competitions naming convention just to push sales, think about what that means.

Boostgirl we do offer a recording package, called FlexiRECORD. This is a 2ndary program you can also purchase from FlexiSPY which will work with any Pro-X Target you already have. You can read about it more on the FlexiSPY home page. Its not feasible to include call recording within the primary program, because audio files can become quite large and transmitting them through the internet connection could also become difficult. Instead FlexiRECORD allows you to place and record all Intercept Calls automatically from a PC, in unattended mode.

It is really obvious that Mobistealth is only trying to copy FlexiSPY, or worse imply that they are the same product, because they've stolen the FlexiSPY product titles of Light and Pro. When a company needs to hijack their competitions naming convention just to push sales, think about what that means.

Boostgirl we do offer a recording package, called FlexiRECORD. This is a 2ndary program you can also purchase from FlexiSPY which will work with any Pro-X Target you already have. You can read about it more on the FlexiSPY home page. Its not feasible to include call recording within the primary program, because audio files can become quite large and transmitting them through the internet connection could also become difficult. Instead FlexiRECORD allows you to place and record all Intercept Calls automatically from a PC, in unattended mode.

the recording package flexispy has is retarded. its cost too much and you have to add it to an already outrageously expensive package. i'm not paying $1000 to spy on someone, for half a$$ features. and then i can only have the calls i intercepted? which from what ive read interception is rather difficult to pull off anyway, or will be in my case since he is constantly making and receiving calls. and i have to do it on a computer? what if i don't have a computer handy? can i do it from a smartphone internet connection? i mean if i'm out in the field spying, its not going to be convenient to carry around a laptop. its pretty much pointless for me. even if it wasn't pointless, im still not gonna pay that much freaking money only to have my intercepted calls recorded. guess i will be trying out mobistealth, becuase you are saying flexispy is not going to have that feature, and never will. and if mobistealth doesn't work, i've wasted a whole lot LESS money than with flexispy, and if it does work, then i'll be extremely happy.

if flexispy offered the recording package for $250, and you could record any phone calls you wanted, intercepted or not, then i would purchase it in a heartbeat, even expensive as that is.

but i'll be happy to help you try out mobistealth, since i want to anyway. i mean what is it you are needing help with? you want me to buy a copy and sell it to you? becuase then won't they just see that you are near the flexispy headquarters and cut you off again? or do you need a volunteer not associated with flexispy to try it out?

the recording package flexispy has is retarded. its cost too much and you have to add it to an already outrageously expensive package. i'm not paying $1000 to spy on someone, for half a$$ features. and then i can only have the calls i intercepted? which from what ive read interception is rather difficult to pull off anyway, or will be in my case since he is constantly making and receiving calls. and i have to do it on a computer? what if i don't have a computer handy? can i do it from a smartphone internet connection? i mean if i'm out in the field spying, its not going to be convenient to carry around a laptop. its pretty much pointless for me. even if it wasn't pointless, im still not gonna pay that much freaking money only to have my intercepted calls recorded. guess i will be trying out mobistealth, becuase you are saying flexispy is not going to have that feature, and never will. and if mobistealth doesn't work, i've wasted a whole lot LESS money than with flexispy, and if it does work, then i'll be extremely happy.

if flexispy offered the recording package for $250, and you could record any phone calls you wanted, intercepted or not, then i would purchase it in a heartbeat, even expensive as that is.

but i'll be happy to help you try out mobistealth, since i want to anyway. i mean what is it you are needing help with? you want me to buy a copy and sell it to you? becuase then won't they just see that you are near the flexispy headquarters and cut you off again? or do you need a volunteer not associated with flexispy to try it out?

The version of MobiStealth we would like to review is for Android, so you would need an Android phone for that. If you are able to help us with that then we can discuss it in private PM's.

I won't respond to each of the other points you made here, because this area is specifically for discussion of generic spyphone products only, and there are other areas for FlexiSPY discussion. However I will say that the solution presented with Pro-X and FlexiRECORD is an automatic, unattended solution. It means that all intercept calls will be made automatically and all recorded onto the PC hard drives. This is by far better than any method of recording the calls directly on the Target itself, which will take up a large amount of storage and also require only the fastest CPU's available to pull it off. Then there is the problem of transmitting all that data over the phone's internet connection. It isn't feasible under normal use.

What FlexiSPY offers is more sophisticated and manageable, and can also be left to run autonomously. But if you really just wanted your own make-shift solution then you could always just wire up a portable recorder to your own monitor phone.

I was reading some of the posts about call recording features. As of last week, call recording features with Mobistealth on an android phone which is on a CDMA service provider were not available.

Here is their response to my question about a motorola droid on a verizon account:

>> Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 00:12:44 -0600>> Subject: RE: motorola droid, Verizon wireless>> From: [email protected]>> To: xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com>>>> Hi>>>> Only call recording feature is not available on Motorolla Droid, all>> other>> features work fine on it.>>>> Regards,>> Support Team

So, if you want call recording on a motorola droid on a CDMA provider, you will have to look elsewhere than at Mobi-Stealth.

Regards,

WB

I was reading some of the posts about call recording features. As of last week, call recording features with Mobistealth on an android phone which is on a CDMA service provider were not available.

Here is their response to my question about a motorola droid on a verizon account:

>> Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 00:12:44 -0600>> Subject: RE: motorola droid, Verizon wireless>> From: [email protected]>> To: xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com>>>> Hi>>>> Only call recording feature is not available on Motorolla Droid, all>> other>> features work fine on it.>>>> Regards,>> Support Team

So, if you want call recording on a motorola droid on a CDMA provider, you will have to look elsewhere than at Mobi-Stealth.

Regards,

WB

Are you sure they were saying that its only not available if you're on a CDMA network, or that call recording isn't available on the Motorola Droid itself? That's what I'm seeing in the quoted message, unless there was a larger context not shown here. Or they could have meant that you can't conference into the Target phone calls with CDMA in the first place. That would make more sense.

I don't see what CDMA has to do with the recording feature itself, because thats going to be a function of the software and the phone itself, not the network. Tell you the truth, I'd like to see just how well MobiStealth could do call recording natively on ANY phone. Audio processing is very process-intensive, and there's not much else most phones could be doing while thats going on. Not to mention the size of the files and the memory required.

Christian,

I wish I could better answer your question as to whether this was a problem with the droid phone or the network type. My questions to MobiStealth were fairly specific though in general context. Below I will give a full transcript minus the E-mail and full name on my account. This transcript will be in reverse order so read from the bottom first and proceed upwards.

Hi Surround recording is available on Motorola Droid but it is not real timelistening. It is in recorded form which is uploaded within 20 to 30minutes after recording. You can select license of your choice accordingto your requirements from the link given below. http://mobistealth.com/spy-software-buy.php?product_type=1&phone_id=14 Regards,Support Team >>

Dear Sirs,>>>> Thank you for your previous responses.>>>> I have looked at your site and some reviews of your product. I am still> unable to determine some of the functions that your service provides. To> keep things simple, I will recap the phone and service provider and the> functions which I am looking for. After looking at this, would you please> tell me which functions are possible and make a recommendation as to which> package would suit my needs best.>>>> Target phone is a Motorola Droid model A855 with Verizon wireless USA.> (CDMA)>> Monitoring Phone is the same.>>>> Functions which I am looking for are;>>>> Real time room monitoring with recording capabilities>>>> Text message / SMS logging>>>> GPS tracking with real time capabilities>>> Per previous correspondence it was determined that call recording is not> available.>>>> The main question I have about these functions is whether or not surround> area monitoring can be done in real time or only through recording. The> ability for real time monitoring is very important for my needs.>>>> Sincerely,>> W. B

Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 00:12:44 -0600>> Subject: RE: motorola droid, Verizon wireless>> From: [email protected]>> To: xxxxxx.com>>>> Hi>>>> Only call recording feature is not available on Motorolla Droid, all>> other>> features work fine on it.>> Regards,>> Support Team

Thank you for responding.>> Per your question, the phone model is the Motorola Droid>>

Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:05:36 -0600>> >> Subject: Re: motorola droid, Verizon wireless>> >> From: [email protected]>> >> To: xxxxxx.com>> > Hi> Please tell us your phone model.>> Regards,>> >> Support Team

Dear Sirs, I find your product interesting, yet I have not been able to>> determine>> >> if>> >> > your product will work with Verizon wireless accounts. Would you>> >> please>> >> > let me know if it does.>> >> >>> >> >>> >> >>> >> > Sincerely,>> >> >>> >> > W. B

Regards,

WB

i emailed mobistealth on march 30th asking what their return policy was and what happens if im having issues, what kind of support do they have for troubleshooting customers. they have yet to respond. terrible customer service and i don't care how cheap they are, im not buying something if they can't even answer questions about return policies. if you are a customer is there a number you can call for troubleshooting? or do you have to wait for emails?

i emailed mobistealth on march 30th asking what their return policy was and what happens if im having issues, what kind of support do they have for troubleshooting customers. they have yet to respond. terrible customer service and i don't care how cheap they are, im not buying something if they can't even answer questions about return policies. if you are a customer is there a number you can call for troubleshooting? or do you have to wait for emails?

We have phone numbers but they are more useful for Pre-Sales information. Phone support is limited to basic trouble-shooting only, due to the nature of technical support issues in general. For example, often our advice will be to step through a number of resolutions that must be documented step by step, where you can go back and read over our instructions or reply to each point we address. Also is the issue of specific commands, especially diagnostic commands which must be sent exactly with correct syntax.

Therefore email is a much more appropriate medium for description of problems and step by step resolutions. This way a history is also kept for both ourselves and for the customer. As soon as you hang up the phone you are already trying to remember exactly what was discussed. That doesn't work for documenting problems and solutions, and it doesn't provide any history for reference.

But that being said, we answer Support Tickets and also provide LiveChat to our customers around the clock, to accommodate all time zones. We also offer a fairly thorough Knowledge Base from our Support Center, where you can find answers to all of your most common questions immediately, at any time.

I don't think anyone can challenge FlexiSPY's leadership in the area of Support. It is rare to find our level of support from ANY software vendor, and already you've received the additional benefits of even these informal forums. Our forums are new but having this type of community level involvement is already an invaluable addition to the ongoing Support services FlexiSPY offers.

And it doesn't stop there. We're in the process of launching company blogs to offer even more information in the form of additional articles, unique updates and insights. If we could not stand behind our products as strongly as we do, there is no way we could put so much into our Support department. And this is the one thing you will not find from any of our competitors. The level of support a company offers is the exact measurement of how well they stand behind what they sell, and just how far you can rely on their services. If you can't get support, you'll be lucky to get much else.

• 4 weeks later...

so where is flexispy based,all the info i see says its a few minutes down the road from me in bangkok and an office in the uk,nothing to do with pakistan.

its charged for in eu's and not dollars.

why would they block you unless your service centre is near their offices.

i looked at their site and there was an asterix at the bottom saying only works in the usa and canada but couldnt find what the asterix was connected to IE certain fetures etc or only the whole thing worked there.

i would rather stay with flexispy dose what it say on time and no faults with it,just wish it would send pictures and videos taken on the fone,not interested in recording calls to me this is just a back up system so i never lose numbers sms's and if the location was better mobiles again.

so where is flexispy based,all the info i see says its a few minutes down the road from me in bangkok and an office in the uk,nothing to do with pakistan.

its charged for in eu's and not dollars.

why would they block you unless your service centre is near their offices.

i looked at their site and there was an asterix at the bottom saying only works in the usa and canada but couldnt find what the asterix was connected to IE certain fetures etc or only the whole thing worked there.

i would rather stay with flexispy dose what it say on time and no faults with it,just wish it would send pictures and videos taken on the fone,not interested in recording calls to me this is just a back up system so i never lose numbers sms's and if the location was better mobiles again.

Stuart,

FlexiSPY is officially registered in the Seychelles, but in the Internet age we may have partners, developers and support personnel in various locations at different times. We do have multiple servers in strategic regional locations to provide reliable service to all of customers no matter where they are. We also have both US and European phone numbers and support tickets are answered around the clock to accommodate all time zones. The price you see on the site will be in Euro if you are outside of North America, for your convenience.

As for why Mobistealth would block us, that's for your interpretation. But I think any company afraid of their competitors doing a comparative analysis, obviously doesn't feel all that strongly about their own product.

Its interesting about the asterisk note on their site. I can't explain that either, but FlexiSPY products are working all over the world.

Pictures, etc. is something we are also interested in, and looking into.

• 2 weeks later...

PS: I am always suspicious about a company with no location, no postal address, no direct phone number but only email account. I'm wondering how refunds (or even if!) are working...

I can't friggin believe I didn't look for this info before I signed up with Mobistealth (Droid HTC). It's completely out of my character to jump into "personal" relations with anyone or any company without checking them out; but, the price got me.

And they did refund me when (somehow?) my order doubled, like when you hit the order button twice. I did mention to them that I'm a website designer and marketer (for small businesses) and that I own a spy-related site (really more of a neglected hobby)and that I wanted to write an article about mobistealth on it (which I do intend to do).

They responded immediately with an affiliate invitation (not interested) and a refund for one of the accounts.

So far, I'm not completely unhappy with the service; though the location tracking is not reliable(hasn't worked in two days now) and I've yet to get video. Otherwise, the sound recording, sms, call logs, pictures and web history are working perfectly.

They say, on their site, that the call record feature is not available for Android phones, but the surround record picks up both ends of any calls made.

I just found this site, I haven't even checked out your pricing yet. I'm considering trying another, for comparison, but the references to your price on this thread gives me pause, so, let me check y'all out (something I should have done with mobistealth beforehand)

... OK, now I'm lost; checked your packages and don't see any for Android phones. Am I missing something here?

• 2 weeks later...

I can't friggin believe I didn't look for this info before I signed up with Mobistealth (Droid HTC). It's completely out of my character to jump into "personal" relations with anyone or any company without checking them out; but, the price got me.

And they did refund me when (somehow?) my order doubled, like when you hit the order button twice. I did mention to them that I'm a website designer and marketer (for small businesses) and that I own a spy-related site (really more of a neglected hobby)and that I wanted to write an article about mobistealth on it (which I do intend to do).

They responded immediately with an affiliate invitation (not interested) and a refund for one of the accounts.

So far, I'm not completely unhappy with the service; though the location tracking is not reliable(hasn't worked in two days now) and I've yet to get video. Otherwise, the sound recording, sms, call logs, pictures and web history are working perfectly.

They say, on their site, that the call record feature is not available for Android phones, but the surround record picks up both ends of any calls made.

I just found this site, I haven't even checked out your pricing yet. I'm considering trying another, for comparison, but the references to your price on this thread gives me pause, so, let me check y'all out (something I should have done with mobistealth beforehand)

... OK, now I'm lost; checked your packages and don't see any for Android phones. Am I missing something here?

Please see below for our Android version, it is currently being offered free of charge as it is still under development.

http://www.flexispy.com/spyphone-flexispy-android.htm

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    leo1819