Verizon Motorola Droid Pro Compatibility

cloak94

I have read through the site but am still a little confused. Target and monitor phones are both Verizon Motorola Droid Pro. Is this software compatible with these Verizon phones? Will I have to root these phones to install?

• Like 1

Unfortunately, due to Verizon being a CDMA based network, you can only use our Light version ($149 for one year).

Pro and Pro-X require a GSM based network as one of the requirements.

Light does not require rooting in any way and will work on all networks (GSM/CDMA and will work on all Android based phones as long as it is running an OS version up to 2.3.3.

The Pro version should be compatible with Verizon as well (and Sprint), as it is only the Intercept Call feature of Pro-X which is not compatible with CDMA networks. Light can be installed on any Android and does not need to be rooted. Both Pro and Pro-X can be installed on any Android model that you can root. We can't directly support the rooting process, or any other 3rd party software which we do not author, but you can look at our Android Resources page with general information about rooting utilities at http://support.flexispy.com/android-downloads.htm

Note also that only the Target phone receives the software. It does not matter what model the Monitor phone is, or what network the Monitor phone uses. This can be anything at any time, or not used at all. Only the Target phone matters.

• 4 months later...

If I don't care about getting call intercept or any other GSM function or rooting the phone will Pro work on the droid3 without being seen in the Application Manager?

My biggest concern is that the R8 app was discovered and uninstalled on the target phone. So I need it to be invisible like I said I don't care about any of the GSM features and I understand to get those to work I need to root the phone. I just want to know if the pro will collect SMS's without being seen?

Hello Kelly.

We have no way to hide the application in the application list at this time, regardless of the version purchased, which is why it is named 'R8' which is something we plan to change in a future release.

• 2 weeks later...

I think there was some confusion over the question and answer.

To be clear:

If you can root the phone then both Pro and Pro-X are completely invisible everywhere on the phone. This is providing that you choose to select "Hide Application" from the screen options after installation. Then the program does not show up either in the download list (the file is automatically deleted when hidden), in the main program manager list, or even as a running process (by any name).

Hiding the program also means there is NO interface available from the phone itself. To set or change settings must be done with remote SMS commands only, but you can be sure that with Pro and Pro-X the software is completely hidden.

Note that if you are unable to root the phone then you won't be able to get Pro or Pro-X installed correctly, and it cannot be hidden on a phone that is not rooted.

Ok Christian,

Thank you for the follow up I do understand that. I just wish that I could get the software to collect data longer than 30 mins. Not sure why it does that, there must be something on the phone that stops it because it works just fine on incoming and outgoing phone calls and for some reason it starts the collecting process for another 30 mins. I am hoping maybe with an update that will fix it.

Ok Christian,

Thank you for the follow up I do understand that. I just wish that I could get the software to collect data longer than 30 mins. Not sure why it does that, there must be something on the phone that stops it because it works just fine on incoming and outgoing phone calls and for some reason it starts the collecting process for another 30 mins. I am hoping maybe with an update that will fix it.

I'm not sure if you're speaking of Light, Pro or Pro-X here, but these are the latest version release dates:

Android Light: 28-JUN-11

Android Pro: 19-OCT-11

Android Pro-X: 19-OCT-11

All versions now support

Android OS 2.1 (Update 1) through OS 2.3.4

If you haven't installed the software since prior to these dates, you don't have the latest version. Verify that, and try updating if the dates above indicates that you're behind. If not or if you still have problems afterwards, please submit a Ticket at our Support Center at

http://support.flexispy.com

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Patrick33